Lazarini Family

Lazarini Family

Thursday, February 17, 2011

2 weeks!!

I can not believe that it has already been two weeks since my sweet Nayeli was born!  I never deceived myself by thinking having a newborn would be easy, but the challenges we have faced have definitely been unexpected.  We find ourselves experimenting to discover ways to calm our newborn daughter.  "No, swing her horizontally, hold her at a 50 degree angle..." Here are just a few of the valuable lessons I have learned about our baby these past two weeks.


1. Baby does not like the taste of polysporin
2. My husband's shirts are a spit-up magnet
3. Keep an eye on the umbilical cord, sometime it goes missing
4. My baby is a champion freestyle swimmer
5. My little girl is more proficient at peeing on us than any boy (she even got the delivery nurse and the pediatrician's scale...twice)
6. Babies occasionally experience projectile pooping
7. Baby morphs into a werewolf at night
8. My baby can sleep anywhere...but her crib
9. My baby is Houdini
10. At least 10% of the breast-milk ends up on the outside of baby


I am glad my husband and I have a sense of humor.  I have decided it must be a prerequisite to having a child.  As we laugh and try to get some much needed sleep, we also count our blessings.  We have a beautiful healthy baby girl and the Lord to provide we need to be loving parents.

1 comment: