Lazarini Family

Lazarini Family

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Nayeli's first smile!

PSALM 16:9 Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure

I thought I loved my sweet daughter.  On March 9th I fell in love with her all over again.  She smiled at her mommy for the first time.  I had just finished feeding her during my lunch break and was sitting with her just talking and smiling at her, when all of a sudden she made a noise that sounded like "hi" and the biggest grin appeared on her sweet little face.  My mom and sister were sitting with me.  We all paused, thinking it must be a mistake. At that time she was only 4 weeks old.  She looked at my mom and the back at me. And there it was again, a huge smile.  Every time she saw me that afternoon, she smiled and tried to "talk."  My heart just melts every time I see that smile!  My little baby is changing so fast and she amazes me.  What amazes me above all is what made her smile.  Me. Just being with me.  I didn't have any toys, or movies, or pictures.  Just seeing my face made her smile.  It makes me tear up to think about it.  If only I was this way in regards to my heavenly Father.  I should be grinning from ear to ear just to be in His presence!  How much more has he done for me than I have for my daughter in her short 4 weeks on this earth.  I am learning so much from my baby daughter!

PSALM 34:5 Those who look to him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame. 

No comments:

Post a Comment