Lazarini Family

Lazarini Family

Friday, February 3, 2012

Happy First Birthday!

Nayeli,

Today is February 3rd.  Today is your First Birthday ever!  You are still upstairs asleep and I am getting things ready for your day.  Some of your family and friends are coming to celebrate with us. They are coming because they love you, even though you don't understand that yet.  I know you won't remember your first birthday, but I want to make it special none the less.

As I get ready this morning, I am thinking over the past year, trying to remember every detail from the day Daddy and I found out you were coming until today.  You have grown and changed so much and I can hardly believe that you are the same little jelly bean we saw on the ultrasound in Mommy's tummy.  I have almost forgotten how tiny you were when you were born.  Getting up with you in the middle of the night seems like a distant memory.  I would not change any of it!

I do remember the first day you smiled at me. I think you knew that day who I was, your mommy! I remember the first time you ate cereal - you haven't stopped eating since!  I remember the day I came home and Aunt Kimela had taught you to crawl - the end of my clean house.  I love how very sweet you are.  You give Mommy and Daddy hugs and kisses almost every day.  We cherish them so much.  I wish I could put them in a bottle and save them, keeping them forever.  I also remember the day you started walking.  I cried that night with Daddy, knowing that someday you will grow up and walk away from us.  I am amazed at how smart you are.  You learn new things everyday.  This week I taught you the sign for please and you learned it in one afternoon! Daddy and I love everything about you!

This morning, I am also thinking about the years to come.  You will celebrate many birthdays and have many parties.  Next year will you ask for Dora or a princess party?  Each year you will grow and be less dependent on Daddy and I.  What ever comes, know that Daddy and I love you so much.  Daddy and I asked the LORD to bring you to us.  Now we know He made us wait for you! We praise the LORD for you every single day. We know that so many things could have been different, but the LORD chose you to be our daughter and prepared us to be your parents. O, how I love being your Mommy! Even on the days I am exhausted and feel I can't go on, you smile and reach for me and I remind myself you won't be with me forever. I am refreshed and am learning to cherish each hour with you. Someday you will walk away from me to your new life and family. Today, however, you are with me. It is our day. Your First Birthday! Thank you LORD for the opportunity to make memories with Nayeli that we will remember for a long time. We love you. Happy Birthday Nayeli!

Love Mommy & Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment