Lazarini Family

Lazarini Family

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Nayeli's First Christmas


          MERRY CHRISTMAS

~ We finally took our tree down yesterday.  Down came the decorations and out came the rubbermaid boxes.  Everything was packed away and stored in the closet.  As I wrapped the ornaments to store I tried to process every memory from the past month and a half.  Christmas has always been my favorite holiday.  I love the family and memories that the season brings.  Each year creates new memories and stories for the next.  This year gave me a completely new and wonderful perspective as I watched my infant daughter experience her First Christmas.


~ Everything was new to her. The tree, the lights, the presents.  You could see so much confusion in her face as she tried to understand why her the home was transformed during her naptime to include twinkling lights, noisy bells and wrapped boxes she wasn't allowed to touch, but were on the floor.  Best of all a tree was INSIDE the house.  She quickly understood that the ornaments belonged on the tree. Her new favorite game was to take all the ones off within her reach and then bring Laz or I into the living room to put them back on.  When she received an ornament from a teacher, she crawled over to the tree reached up with it, so I could place the new ornament on the tree beside the rest.  Every guest to our house had to go with Nayeli to receive an introduction to our Christmas tree.  She also made sure I turned the Christmas lights on every morning after she woke up. 


 ~ On Christmas she was the perfect gift receiver. You would think that someone had trained her. Each present she opened, she played with for at least 10 minutes before allowing herself to be pried away by her parents to open the next gift from her huge pile.  She hugged all the stuffed animals she received and admired each outfit.  She was the center of attention.  All 8 adults in our living room watched, taking video, photographs on numerous cameras and phones, not wanting to miss a moment of her Christmas debut. It was a glorious day!

~ As I watched my young daughter, I remembered the gospels describing how Mary the mother of Jesus, "stored up everything in her heart."  I finally understand what this phrase means.  Each smile, laugh or new reaction I see from my daughter, I cherish.  What a joy it is to see someone else experience life for the first time.  Now I am at her side making sure she does not want for anything.  She has everything she needs and wants.  What will happen when the day comes when I can not provide everything.  When I can not be her everything, meet her every need.  I hope to still be at her side to watch as she finds the ultimate Life experience.  The day she believes and receives salvation from her sins. The day she finds Eternal Life with Jesus Christ our Lord.  I pray this for her everyday. Everyday as I watched her admire the tree, meet Santa and look at baby Jesus in the manger.  Everyday as I make her breakfast and watch her learn. Everyday...Someday she will know the real meaning of Christmas!  May it be soon!


We Love you all 
~The Lazarini's~

No comments:

Post a Comment